"Wherever there is a human being, there is a chance for a kindness." -Seneca
What are some acts of kindness to consider accomplishing during the Christmas season? Here are a few:
- Allow another driver to park in the only available space at a busy shopping center
- Call a relative or friend who you haven’t talked with in a long time
- Shovel snow from your neighbor’s driveway and sidewalk
- Send cards to service people and students who are away from home for the Christmas holiday
- Volunteer your time to help a local homeless shelter or food pantry
- Give blood
- Baby-sit to allow friends or family members to spend some time Christmas shopping (or for any other purpose)
- Donate new and used toys and clothing to charities that can put them in the arms of those who need them most
- Contribute money to your favorite charity
- Talk, listen and even sing Christmas carols with nursing home residents
You can perform one or more of these acts of kindness or you can make up your own list. Demonstrate to others that they are special and loved.
The original Christmas story is about the ultimate gift given for the purpose of changing the world. Regardless of your religious beliefs, consider spending time this holiday season finding ways to help others. Perform an act of kindness today.