Blog posts, tweets, status messages and emails are all great ways to let others know about your fundraising efforts while online. But my experience is that these methods are typically responded to by those you have a personal relationship with. Those you have a connection with. Those you have built trust with.
This year is no exception. I have submitted online content in several ways demonstrating the importance of the Arthritis Foundation and giving an opportunity to support the organization. However, when I sent personal messages over the past week to some of my friends, they responded!
Who are some of these generous people supporting my personal fundraising efforts for the Arthritis Walk at Kings Dominion?
- Darren Barnes – Photographer, Dwood Photography
- Scott Couchenour – Life Coach, Serving Strong
- Annie Magnant – Executive Director, Science Museum of Virginia Foundation
- David Perdew – Founder, Niche Affiliate Marketing System
- Marc Pitman – Fundraising Coach, The Fundraising Coach
- Traci Pryor – Executive Director, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Richmond & Tri-Cities
- Corey Pudhorodsky – DoGooder, Corey on Twitter
I am a fortunate and blessed person to have the friends I have. I am extremely grateful for their support and friendship. Check out what each one is doing on the links I provided above. If you have an opportunity to meet or learn from any of them, don’t hesitate to do it. Your life will be better for it.
If you want to join me in supporting the Arthritis Foundation in their fight against arthritis, learn how at http://www.charitywalksblog.com/1545/free-links-and-chance-to-win-for-the-next-two-weeks.
Photo credit: Mattox