There is an easy way for you to support worthwhile charities. It doesn’t require any additional time or money from you. All you need to do is use different search engines than you are currently using. You won’t even be sacrificing the quality of your search results because these search engines still produce the results you currently receive.
Below is a list of several charitable search engines. These search engines donate all or a portion of the revenue they generate from advertisements. How do you choose which charitable search engines to use? Ask the following questions:
- How are the charities selected by you or the company?
- Is the selection of charities limited? If so, does the selection include those charities or charitable areas you are most interested in supporting?
- Where are the search results generated from (Google, Yahoo!, etc.)?
- What percentage of the revenue is donated to the selected charities?
- Is an easy method provided to help you integrate the search engine into your web browsers?
- Is their search page and results clean or cluttered?
- What additional features are available with the charitable search engine that might be useful (blog, directory, etc.)?
Check out the charitable search engines in the list below. Ask yourself the list of questions above and make a selection of your favorites. Now all you have to do is start using them each time you are surfing the web. Feel great about adding one more way in your daily activities to make a difference.
I will be providing reviews of some of my favorite charitable search engines in future posts.