Are you aware…
- 46 million people in the U.S. have been diagnosed with arthritis or chronic joint pain
- 300,000 children in America have some form of arthritis or rheumatic disease
- Arthritis costs the U.S. economy $86.2 billion annually
- Arthritis is the nation’s #1 cause of disability
Arthritis affects all of us.
There is a group of people in Fredericksburg, Virginia doing something about it. The 4th annual Fredericksburg Arthritis Walk was held on May 5, 2007. I had the privilege of being the Chair of this event for the 2nd year in a row.
What did the planning committee, team captains, volunteers and participants accomplish? All of our goals were exceeded!
- Over $45,000 was raised for the Arthritis Foundation (60% increase from 2006)
- Over 350 people participated in the event (75% increase from 2006)
- Several participants signed up to be Arthritis Advocates
Honor a person you know with arthritis by participating in an Arthritis Walk in your area. Get your friends and coworkers involved as well. You will make new friends and have fun while helping to eliminate the #1 cause of disability. Go to http://www.arthritis.org/events/arthritiswalk to find an Arthritis Walk event near you.
It doesn’t matter what your current situation is. There are ways for you to participate. Consider getting involved and doing your part in making a difference.