When do you get the most benefit from receiving a card from someone? Is it when you receive one for a major celebration or holiday? Or is it when you receive one that is totally unexpected?
For me, it’s when I receive one that is unexpected.
Be creative in finding reasons to do something for someone when they won’t expect it. Pick one or more of these upcoming observances as reasons to help and surprise others with an act of kindness:
- Sept 1-7 – International Enthusiasm Week
- Sept 2 – Together We Can Change The World Day – http://www.togetherwecanchangetheworldday.com
- Sept 4 – Labor Day – http://www.dol.gov/opa/aboutdol/laborday.htm
- Sept 4 – Newspaper Carrier Day
- Sept 8 – International Literacy Day – http://www.un.org/depts/dhl/literacy/
- Sept 10 – National Grandparents Day – http://www.grandparents-day.com/
- Sept 11 – One Day’s Pay – http://ww.onedayspay.org
- Sept 16 – Wife Appreciation Day
- Sept 17 – International Day of Prayer and Action for Human Habitat – http://www.habitat.org/cr/day_of_prayer.aspx
- Sept 21 – International Day of Peace – http://www.internationaldayofpeace.org/
- Sept 21 – World Gratitude Day
- Sept 24 – National Good Neighbor Day – http://www.natgoodneighborday.org/